Every woman, every child
All children have a right to live
No child is born to die and no mother should die giving birth to her child. Yet this is the fate of millions of children and their mothers around the world. 6 million children die each year before their 5th birthday and almost half within the first 28 days after birth. Many of these deaths could be prevented by simple means, a pregnancy examination, a trained midwife, where there is no hospital, breastfeeding instead of formula, a vaccination against pneumonia, simple things that we often take for granted, but something that can mean life for many women and their children. At PetitePeople.com, we are supporting an effort to better for groundbreaking prevention and treatment approaches for pregnant women and newborns in poor, hard-to-reach communities around the time of childbirth.
- Every two minutes, a woman dies in pregnancy or childbirth. The majority of these deaths are preventable.
- Poor nutrition among pregnant women account for 800.000 newborn deaths annually
- Maternal mortality is one of the leading causes of death amongst the 15-19 year old girls globally
The number of still births that occur every year happens 98% of the time in developing countries.
If all women had the right to modern contraception, and if all pregnant women quality care, we would reduce maternal deaths by 67 %
If all newborn babies could be born by a trained birth attendant and receive clean quality care, infant mortality would be reduced by 77%
Simple means like a clean birth kit for 3$ can save the life of a mother and her newborn baby.
Every dollar spent on scaling up nutrition for pregnant women and children yields 16 $ in return.
What is the solution:
- Access to affordable care, before during and after prgnancy
- Access to a trained birth attendant, quality midwifery, and obstetric care.
- Acces to modern contraception
- Exclusive breastfeeding in the first 6 month of life.
How we help
- For every babygift purchased, we will give funding in support of our giving partners programs in maternal and newborn health.
- Provide health kit and training of community health workers in the villages to provide a safe birth environment, and proper care and advice for mothers in the villages
- With the right training and proper health care, up to two thirds of the tragic maternal and newborn death can be prevented
These simple health kits can save lives
Infection and unsanitary birth environment is a leading cause in maternal and newborn deaths. With a simple health kit many unnecessary deaths can be prevented.
We work with the organisation Ayzh to deliver simple health kits to mothers and newborn babies.
Every purse contains the following:
- Underpad (1)
- Surgical Blade (1)
- Cord Clamp (1)
- Soap (1)
- Gloves (1 pair)
- Baby wiping cloth (1)
You purchase can save lives.
What if it was your own life or the life of your baby that could be saved for as little as five Euro?
Imagine having to walk for miles, highly pregnant, or giving birth in an unsanitary clinic, or at the floor in a simple hut?
The best gift you can give a newborn child is a strong mother, and the best gift for the mother is a healthy baby.